Over the past month or so, I’ve been dabbling with vROPs 6. In the midst of my dabbling…VMware released a upgrade to the product that came packed with a bunch of new features. Just to mention some:
Simplified usability and faster time to value capabilities:
- New HTML5 user interface provides an easier and consistent experience.
- The Getting Started dashboard allows for quick navigation.
- Persona based dashboards provides for answers in one place. Dashboards are separated into categories such as Operations, Capacity and Utilization, Performance Troubleshooting, Workload Balance, and Configuration and Compliance.
- Out of the box integration with vSAN and vRealize Automation provides quick time to value.
Fully Automated Workload Balancing:
- Ensures performance across the datacenter’s with fully automated workload balancing, across clusters and across data stores.
- Ensures DRS Configurations and provides the option to set DRS automation level for individual objects.
- Predictive DRS takes action to preempt resource contention.
- Utilizes operations analytics to optimize initial placement of workloads through vRealize Automation.
Naturally, after reading about these features…I wanted to try them first hand. So off to my lab I went to upgrade and give it a test drive. The upgrade process is simple, as I will outline in this post.
First, you will want to head over to VMware.com and download the upgrade appliance.
Read Full Article