I had to learn this one the hard way. For whatever reason one day, I decided to change the IP address on my SRM server…ok…the reason was because I wanted my SRM server and VR appliance IP addresses to be right next to each other…but that’s besides the point. If you ever have a OCD moment like myself…here’s how you get out of a quick headache.
- Log in to the Site Recovery Manager server host and start a Windows command shell.
- Open C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\config\extension.xml file in a text editor.
- In the open file, locate the <url> tag and change its contents to the new IP address and port of the SRM server:
4. Change directory to C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recover Manager\bin.
5. Run the following command to update the extension registration:
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\bin>srm-config.exe
-cmd updateext -cfg ..\config\vmware-dr.xml -extcfg