In this post, I’ll show you how to begin our initial setup for our Site Recovery Manager environment by creating our databases and making sure that we have the correct permissions setup for them.
- Connect SQL Server with SQL Mgmt Studio
- Log in with SA or Windows Admin account, which has Full Rights for SQL Server
- Create SQL DB ( DB Name = DR_VM_SRM)
- Create Schema for DR_VM_SRM database. The schema name must be the same as the user name. (Schema Name : DR_SRM_User)
- Create Database User for server login and ODBC connection.
Login Name: “DR_SRM_User” (MUST BE SAME AS SCHEMA NAME).
Select Default DB to “DR_VM_SRM”
Select “BULKADMIN” Server Role.
Select User Mapping to assign “Default Schema” and Database role membership for
- db_denydatareader(DON’T SELECT)
- db_denydatawriter(DON’T SELECT)
- Select Schema owner for DR_SRM_User
And that’s all folk!!! That wasn’t too bad, now was it?!